Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Eden (Eden, #1)Eden by Janelle Stalder




My rating: 2 of 5 stars




Here is the synopsis from Good reads:

Trapped within the cruel world of hormones and bullies, fifteen-year-old Aiden is convinced life has more to offer him. His instincts are proven correct on the night he is awakened by a voice calling to him from outside his window. As he sleepily peers into his yard, his eyes slowly focus on a woman who says she is there to take him to Eden. Aiden is about to fulfill the life purpose he never knew he had.


It is in Eden, a land on the brink of war, where Aiden will finally learn to trust himself and those around him. Accompanied by Wolf, his sidekick Logan, and the beautiful archer, Elisa, Aiden is soon thrust into a battle to save Eden. Meanwhile Elisa, the only girl in the King’s Army, is in the midst of her own struggles. Betrothed to a man she has no intention of marrying, Elisa is caught between the need to prove herself and her desire for true happiness. And now that she has met Aiden, she is more confused than ever.

In this action-packed fantasy tale, romance, adventure, and intrigue surround Aiden as he learns just what he is capable of when he discovers confidence and courage.

Doesn't this sounds great ?

I felt that there was a lot of promise in this book but it fell kind of flat. Every time I got caught up in a character, the plot moved on to another character. I don't feel like any of the characters got the attention that they should have had because there were too many different plot lines. They were each intriguing but they were all left unfinished.

From the beginning, I had a hard time making myself read it. I don't like when books jump around. This book jumped from past to present a couple of times and then it jumped from characters throughout the book. I really hope that Miss Stalder will focus more fully on one plot at a time in the next book.

The characters for the most part were very interesting.  I can not stand Wolf and his promiscuity!!! Elisa has every right to be hurt and angry. I hope that she somehow ends up with Aiden.

We were working up to the battle for most of the book and it was over in the blink of an eye. I still don't understand why they retreated after they shot Aiden with the arrow. With all the confusion it would have been the perfect opportunity to gain the advantage!

I am curious enough to read the next book even though this was by no means the best book that I've ever read.

I recommend that people read this book for themselves if it sounds like something you would like. I received this from Goodreads Read 2 Review. This is my honest opinion and is probably in the minority.



I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment