Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tabitha Vale interview

Today Author Tabitha Vale is here. She agreed to let me interview her!



What do you hope people get out of reading your book?

I hope that people can be inspired by Sage; she’s so strong, and honestly that’s what I need in my life right now, so that might be why I wrote her like I did. I just hope that all the girls (and even boys) who read it can realize that they can do what they set their minds to.

Do you have to concentrate and visualize the story or do ideas just randomly come to you when you're out and about?

Both. Generally they just come to me at the most random times, but sometimes when I’m sitting on my laptop I have to sit there and let my thoughts travel off to connect the scenes that I already have.

What or who inspires you?

Music helps me set the mood and sometimes visualize things, movies and books help me with the structure and content, and video games, believe it or not, help me with the design of the world and characters. Writing fantasy, that aspect is really important. I always love how creative video games are!


Here are some questions to help us get to know the person behind the author.

Hardback, paperback, or ebook?

Hardback, but that’s just because they feel so fancy. I can read an ebook just as easily, though. Very convenient for me.

Which books have been on your tbr shelf the longest?

I haven’t had my TBR shelf for very long. Only a few weeks maybe. But on there I have… Cinder… and I can’t remember the others haha. There’s only 2 or 3. I focus more on writing these days than reading.

What food can't you live without?

Korean food; I lived in Korea for a while, now I’m addicted to it!

What is your favorite part of the day?

Early morning. It’s so fresh and crisp, but I’m hardly ever awake to experience it lol.

Do you prefer baked or fried?

Baked.

Favorite beverage?

Water! I never drink soda and actually, I don’t really drink much of anything other than water. Never realized that before

Silver or Gold?

Silver is better usually!

Homebody or social butterfly?

Homebody, but I can be sociable easily when I’m around other people. I’m a hybrid haha.

What type of music do you listen to?

Kpop, everything from GLEE, instrumental, and trance/club music.


Tabitha thank you for stopping by and for answering my questions.


You should check out her book  Pawn of Mine.

Pawn of Mine

Here is a synopsis:

The world never ended in fire and ice. The people were consumed by it and now control the elements. The Fires have harnessed the power down to an art while the Waters cower in fear of their abilities, remaining weak and hopeless. Seventeen-year-old Sage Sinclair hopes to dispel the weakness of her Water people because she knows that if she doesn’t do anything, no one will. When she discovers something special about herself, she seeks Humble Narcissist Ruler Agni in the great fire city, Saint Firefly. Once she gains his seal of approval, she’s admitted into Erra Academy where she secretly sparks a revolution among her ennui peers—a revolution to fight back against the Fires. She has every hope in her movement, just as long as her feelings for a handsome and frivolous Saffron Larkspur don’t get in the way—that, and Agni’s sudden fascination with her.

Doesn't this sound good?



I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment